Monday, March 4, 2013

The Great Wall of Indecision

     Once upon a time, there was a massive cinder block wall that was very ugly. (Actually two of them.)


    Cinder block has many redeeming qualities like being termite proof and indestructible. It's major problem is it seriously is lacking in the glamour department (or the "mildly pleasant to look at" department for that matter). The second major problem is that it reminds me of my elementary school class rooms. Not so much the vibe I want in my work shop. Once I finished my brick wall there on the end, I began devising way to use paint to hide the cinder block. At the very least, I thought I could use the paint job to distract the fact that the paint was on a cinder block wall.
    First on the agenda, stripes. I always wanted to paint a wall with stripes.


      They were very nice fat grey stripes. Very pretty. Very wrong with my brick wall.. They looked too, I don't know, coastal-ish or something. Not what I had in mind. Maybe a stencil would help?


       Hmm, no. Looks like a wall in a nursing home. Maybe if I painted the grout white, that would do the trick. Still, a big fat no. But the contrast was nice, maybe the other way around? Minus the stripes?


      Ahhgh! Just the thing to bring joy to my eyeballs. And so the story has a happy ending...with grey grout.


     Which, in fact, does NOT hide the cinder block at all, it accentuates it. Funny thing, what I thought was this wall's worst factor, was it's best. It just needed to be shown a different way. There's probably more than a few things that are like that in life, come to think of it. I think God loves to "paint" our flaws and imperfections into being our greatest assets, if we will let Him.


        I really like how these two walls play off of each other with the colors and patterns. They aren't too crazy, and they aren't too snoozey.


     I threw a frame up on the wall to see how I would like it with stuff hanging on it.


     I have concluded, my wall and I are officially best friends forever. (The other cinder block wall will most likely also receive this treatment once I have excavated it from all the boxes under which it is currently buried.)

Romans 8:1-2   There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 

9 comments:

  1. Yep, the gray grout was definitely the way to go-- it reminds me of subway tile! Very chic! And I'm sure you already know this, but that chandelier is totally amazing. LOVE. I found you at Crafty Confessions-- thanks for sharing!!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! The gray grout was definitely the right decision. The gray stripes kind of reminded me of the jail that I occasionally do administrative work for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen,
    LOL, Well I'm so glad I didn't go that route! =)
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a difference a little grout makes. Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, great job!! I love everything you did!!

    rhonda :-)
    http://ablissfulspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now about 1000 of company provide Forex Signals . Lot of company spam ,some company just update website not provide signals and there cheat members money, but I said that Usa Forex Signal provide 100% real Whatsapp, Skype and Email via forex signals company. Usa Forex Signal 100% challenging Forex signals company in the world wide.100% satisfaction Forex signals provider company Usa Forex signal provide right Entry and Exit price. And monthly Specials signals provide. Usa Forex Signal provide better timing to penetrate and get out trade not need to spend much time waiting before the screen.Usa Forex Signal provide consider entrepreneurship as traders full-time and part-time can make reference to commercial success. 100% challenging forex signal provider is Usa Forex Signal .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was very pleased to find this internet-site.I needed to thanks to your time for this glorious learn!! I positively enjoying every little little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you weblog post. Bargain Sites Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! How do you hang things up on cinder block? Everything I’ve tried has failed me.

    ReplyDelete